National Volunteer Fire Council MSA, DuPont, and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) have teamed up again to help volunteer fire departments obtain much-needed gear through MSA’s Globe Gear Giveaway. Since the program launched in 2012 to 2019, a total of 507 sets of turnout gear has been given to 108 volunteer departments in need.
To be eligible to apply, departments had to be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer, serve a population of 25,000 or less, be legally organized in the U.S. or Canada, demonstrate a need for the gear, and be a member of the NVFC. To help departments meet this last requirement, MSA sponsored NVFC memberships for the first 500 applicants.
The 13 recipients of MSA’s 2019 Globe Gear Giveaway, each receiving four new sets of gear and helmets, are:
- Aguila (AZ) Volunteer Fire Department
- Jacobstown (NJ) Fire Company
- Salcha (AK) Fire & Rescue
- Kenduskeag (ME) Fire Rescue
- Fuego Volunteer Fire Company (Billings, MT)
- Harbour Grace (Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada) Volunteer Fire Brigade
- Witt (IL) Volunteer Fire Department
- Canal Fulton (OH) Fire Department
- Stella Rural Fire Department (Rocky Comfort, MO
- Balsam-Willets-Ochre Hill Volunteer Fire Department (Sylva, NC)
- Rocky Creek Volunteer Fire Department (TX)
- Utica Volunteer Fire Department (MS)
- Rutland Volunteer Fire Company (NY)